Powered By Blogger

Sunday 9 December 2012

White City, Jamie's Italian and Rise of the Guardians.

Wow, time to pack for St. Albans tomorrow. That went far too quickly. How can anyone possibly do London justice in 5 days? Put simply, you can't.
We did have a relaxing day today, as one should on a Sunday.
We caught the bus to White City, which sounds quite romantic doesn't it? Not. It's a Westfield Shopping Centre! Jess was lukewarm about it. I, however, loved it. This place is massive. It takes up something like 5 postcodes in the acreage it inhabits. So I hope you're thinking very big now.









The thing that Jess really loved about it was that we found a Jamie's Italian restaurant there. This was one of her bucket list items. I'd not thought of it before, but I guess it was on my bucket list too.
What can I say? It was really good. Amazing. Great ambience, great service, great food.






There was the Gin and Earl Grey Martini.



The olives on ice. Nice touch!









The sardine bruschetta, Black Truffle Risotto and Orange and Fennel salad with boconcini. A fabulous feast indeed.
From there it was off to see The Rise of the Guardians at the cinema in 3D. All my favourite characters were in it - Father Christmas, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Jack Frost. How could I not enjoy? 3D is thrilling. I loved, loved, loved it.
Now we are packing for the trip down to the country.
As I hauled myself up the stairs to the flat, I counted. This would be the last time and it was finally safe for me to know just how many steps there were. 35. Do you believe that? 35!












That, my friends, is a lot of steps!

Location:North End Road,Hammersmith,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great to hear your comments. Love to stay in touch.